My Account Forums Mixing and Mastering Near-field monitors

Tagged: 

8 replies, 9 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Michiel van Haren Michiel van Haren 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mike
    mike
    Keymaster
    @mike

I’ve been using Yamaha HS-80 for many years and it is time to upgrade to something more precise. I’m thinking about Adam S2x or Focal Twin. What are you guys using in your home studios?

Profile photo of Daniel Wyatt
    Daniel Wyatt
    Keymaster
    @Danny

in my studio is have bowers and wilkins diamond 802’s with a bryston 4b amp…and a pair of passive avantones with a bryston 2b….and i could not be any happier!

however…i like jbl’s a lot…the lsr series…the focals can be a little mid-rangey for me….but i have not heard all of the new models..

Profile photo of Ramon
    Ramon
    Participant
    @RamonRomero

I’m working with Dynaudio Air 10s and a Dynaudio sub. Best money I ever spent, next to the acoustic treatments that now cover every inch of my studio. I had an acoustician in my studio before I had those things. That was an eye opener, we discussed the sonic profile of my studio. Great experience. Getting to know your room is even easier when you discuss it with a professional. Kind of reminds me of taking classes with Danny!

Profile photo of Prithvi
    Prithvi
    Participant
    @prithvi15

I use the dynaudios too and theyre pretty accurate provided the room is well treated. The focals are very nice, but like dan says, it is defnitly a litte hyped at the mid range.. You should take a look at the ATCs.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant
    @justinfrench

I’ve been using Event Opals for about 8 Months, loving them. I was going to purchase the Focal SM9’s but a friend mentioned they might be a bit too big for my room. My room is properly treated and balanced around a live side dead side acoustics setup which seems to help with getting mixes to translate well.

Profile photo of Valentin
    Valentin
    Participant
    @ValeValentin

Smart Audio! You might have never heard of them. Its a small German company. High quality stuff. I´m still everyday overwhelmed by their almost linear sound. Satisfied since 2008! 🙂

Profile photo of Lukas Kasprzyk
    Lukas Kasprzyk
    Participant
    @[email protected]

dont forget to check out amphions. one18 are highly recommended. they dont sound hi fi, but very very true and superfast!

Profile photo of Alejandro Ovalle
    Alejandro Ovalle
    Participant
    @Lexwolker-Official

well I am still using a krk 5 lol , but I always use Voxengo Plus for low end monitoring

I think that if you spend more money in acoustic treatment you will hear more frecuencies right?

Profile photo of Michiel van Haren
    Michiel van Haren
    Participant
    @[email protected]

I’m using a pair of “build it yourself” speakers called Vifa Impuls (http://www.speakerland.nl/luidsprekermodellen/compakte-luidsprekers/item/40-vifa-impuls).

I did not build them myself, bought them second hand, with an old (but good) Rotel amplifier.
    They do sound really good though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.