Sound Design Foundations consist of two main levels, the first one is about getting a solid understanding of sound and its different ingredients.
Learning how to speak the language of sound is a vital aspect to recreating and understanding the sounds that you love, it enables you to use whatever tool you want to create because you understand the fundamental ideas.
You can apply this to synthesis and sampling, which is exactly what we'll be doing in stage two!
Here you will dive into more specific techniques and methods, you learn to use the most popular synths and effects and how you can use them to define your own sonic signature. We will also take a look at re-creating your favourite sounds!
There are various different types of videos:
- The Tutorials - These are the most important ones, try to watch all of them and write down any questions you might have for during the lessons and open office.
- ARCH - Lessons - Just the lessons recorded, also included older (Archived) lesson. The date the lesson was recorded is at the end of the file name
- NVO - No Voice Over - These are the videos shown in class, they don't have any explaining but they show examples of the techniques we talked about
- XTRA - Additional content that is not necessarily part of the course, the goal here is to widen you understanding on how and why to use specific techniques
- HW - A review of the homework assignments
- Office Hours - Recorded Open Office sessions, this is where you can ask questions about your own projects or anything else
This is a private group. To join you must be a registered site member and request group membership.